Each year, students join Thomas Adewumi Sixth Form from a variety of backgrounds from both home and overseas. Some of these Sixth Form entrants come from within our College after Year 12. The diversity of students in the Sixth Form gives it a unique and dynamic atmosphere. Enquires about the Sixth Form can be obtained from the Head of Sixth Form; Mr. Bradley Sailes (email@example.com) or by contacting the Principal; Dr. Roy K. Lillyman (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are very happy to organize a visit for you and your family at a time that is mutually convenient. During our Sixth Form Information event, representatives from each department are available to explain what is involved in the study of each of the subjects on offer at A-level; this is particularly relevant for those hoping to pursue subjects which they have not studied previously. Advice is also available during the event about subject-combinations at A-level, especially for those with focused career aspirations, which might require specific subjects.
Entrance Examinations and an interview will be conducted before admission into the Sixth Form. We currently offer the following subjects for the Cambridge ‘A’ level programme:
3. English Language and Literature in English
6. Business Studies
9. General Studies
Further courses may be included in the future as decided by the School Council.
Requirements for Admission to Study ‘A’ Level Programme:
– A minimum of 6 credits in SSCE, IGCSE or GCE ‘O’ Level INCLUDING English and Mathematics
– An average of 60% and above in our Entrance Examinations in four relevant ‘O’ Level subjects.
– Those completing their SSCE should attach to the admission form photocopies of their MOCK results and their Year 11 report sheets (3 terms)
– Other candidates should attach to the admission form photocopies of their SSCE/ ‘O’ Level results and their Year 12 reports (3 terms)